If you are going out to eat and you have an intense need to see a restaurant worker do an Olympic caliber eye roll, there are a few things you can say or do that will ensure that very thing. And here they are:
- Walk into the restaurant from outside and then ask the person at the host stand what the weather is like on the patio outside.
- Look at your server who is sweating like pig and running around like a mad person trying to take care of a ten table section and then tell them you are cold and would like the A/C turned down.
- Make a huge deal about your gluten allergy, specifying how the kitchen will need to use freshly washed pans and recreate everything on the menu so that you can stay away from all wheat and then order yourself a beer.
- Mention that it’s your birthday and then pull out your ID to prove it, as if that’s going to make the server do a happy birthday jig and comp your entire meal.
- Come in with a friend and demand two separate checks and hen order the exact same thing and then both of you pay with cash.
- Tell your server you know the owner.
- Order something that has never been on the menu but you are sure the restaurant used to have it and then tell the server “they made it for me the last time I was here.”
- Order a frozen drink and then complain that you can’t taste the liquor.
- Tell your server you are in a huge hurry as soon as you sit down and then when they give you your check, ignore it for thirty minutes.