Yowza. Whenever I post something onto the Bitchy Waiter Facebook, I never know what kind of response it will get. Sometimes I think everyone will love it and then it gets no response at all when other times I will post something that I think is funny and it all it does is piss people off and pull the trolls out from the bridge. Well, yesterday was the latter; the trolls put down their pimento cheese sandwiches, turned off the Matlock reruns and let their presence be known. I posted the picture below which told the story of a hat that was left in a restaurant and then thrown into the trash after the guest left no tip on an $80 check. Almost 1,500 people clicked the “like” button and many other folks commented on how they have done the same kind of thing to articles left behind by customers. Many of these articles would find their way to a lost and bin box in the manager’s office and then eventually land in the dumpster anyway. Not leaving a tip can really bring out the worst in a server, it seems. But those comments! Let’s look at a few, shall we?
- Scooter says: completely and totally unprofessional. I would fire anyone who did this. Well, Scooter, I am pretty sure that this has happened in your restaurant too, but it’s probably not something you fucking knew about. Do you think any server is going to go tell their boss that they just exacted some delicious fucking revenge on a guest? No, I doubt it. So if you want to fire someone for inappropriate behavior, you kinda have to see it happen. Good luck with that.
- George says: Not surprising you got stiffed. Obviously you deserved it. George is assuming that this happened to me. What George is forgetting, which is surprising because he’s clairvoyant, is that every day people send me dozens of photos. They just show up in my email and I decide which ones to use. Some of them I post and some of them I don’t. He also seems to think that the server got stiffed because he threw away the hat rather than the hat was thrown away because the server was stiffed. George, please pull your clairvoyant head out of the black hole you call an ass and stop trying to see the future and just see what’s in front of your face.
- Joe says: I have seen drivers licenses and credit cards thrown away. Also saw a 64gb iPod touch go through the dish tank before it went to the lost and found. This tells me that this situation is not unheard of. It also tells me that some servers get really mad when they get stiffed. It’s one thing to toss a gross $1.99 polyester hat into a trash can and quite another to run an iPod touch through a dishwasher. Either way, maybe you should just tip your fucking server, you think?
- Bill says: So petty. Maybe this page should be called Entitled Waiter. If you guys weren’t so entitled and didn’t have the mentality petty 8-year-olds, people might trust you with something more than just fetching food. None of you are entitled to customers’ money. You walk plates to tables, you don’t cure cancer. Bill can eat a bag of caramel covered dicks. Actually, since it’s the holidays, maybe I should just hang piece of fucking mistletoe over my butt so he can kiss my white ass.
- Wendy says: Years ago a couple stiffed me on a $100 check but left their car keys on the table — we had a trash compactor– yep!! See, it happens. Just tip, bitches.
- Stephen says: Who cares about an $80 check? that’s like 1.5 heads. lol NEXT. I don’t know what this means and it kinda scares me. Does Stephen know the cost of heads? Does he go to some weird grocery store where heads cost $53.33 each and $80 will buy him exactly one and half of them? I don’t get this.
- Chad says: Probably a white waiter and the hat belonged to a black man. This customer was obviously a black man and the white waiter wanted to “exact revenge” on them for not leaving a tip for an outrageously priced check. There is a lot of assumption in this comment. A lot. Why is it obvious that the hat belonged to a black man? Is Chad saying that only black men wear dark knit hats? That sounds racist to me, Chad. We also do not know that the waiter was white. And how does he know the check was outrageously priced? None of us saw an itemized bill so it could have been for a party of twenty which would mean that the bill was actually very inexpensive. Chad, I don’t know you, but if you can jump to conclusions then so can I and I jump to this one: you’re a fucking idiot.
- Monte says: I suggest that for the next 5 years, this page be re-named ‘Whiny Cunts Who Wait on Tables and Bitch like retarded Five Year Olds’? Sorry, Monte, but Bill has already suggested that the page be renamed Entitled Waiter. Besides, a Facebook page with the words “cunt” and “retarded” in the title can be really offensive to some people and I wouldn’t want that, you retarded cunt, you.
- Danny says: to me it just makes you a shitty server if dealing with people pisses you off to the point you damage their belongings you should prob do something behind the scenes. its prob why most of you are middle aged and still doing the same job you were at 16 though just a thought. Yeah, the person who can’t deal with people should do something behind the scenes, because in the kitchen is where nothing bad ever happens. It’s all butterflies and rainbows back there, Danny. And for your information, I do not have the same job I had when i was 16 years old. When I was 16, I was a busboy and dishwasher. My career has room for growth, sir, and now I am a waiter.
Thank you to everyone who posted a comment. I read every single one of them while I was at work last night. It was a rather slow night at the restaurant and reading your comments is what got me through the night. Well, that and the beer tasting we had.