So did you hear the story about the customer who left a $1000 tip for his server and then dragged his sorry ass back to the restaurant the next day to ask for it back because he was drunk when he did it? Yeah, that happened.
A server at Edgewater, Colorado’s Thailiciois restaurant got his hopes way up when he saw $1088 cash in the check presenter for a $60 check. When the owner got wind of the massive tip, she suggested that it be held for a while in case the guy came back regretting his decision. Well, that’s exactly what happened and the restaurant gave the money back to the man, proving that they are better than I am.
And here are 10 things I would have said if the man came into my restaurant asking for his $1000 tip back he had left me the night before:
- I’m sorry, we were closed last night. You must have the wrong restaurant.
- Yo no hablo inglés.
- Can you please keep your voice down? I am so hungover from last night because I drank my ass off celebrating a huge tip that some drunk idiot gave me.
- If you would like to appeal the tip you left last night, I will need you to have your attorney reach out to my attorney because that money is already in my bank account.
- I can’t hear what you’re saying because I am wearing my brand new Beats by Dr. Dre with portable bluetooth speaker and Beats studio wireless headphones in Gloss Gold and encrusted with diamonds.
- I don’t know what you are talking about, now get the fuck out before I call the police.
- Oh, I’m so glad you came back. We thought you left too much money so we saved it for you. Here it is: $200.
- Oh you must have left that tip with the other server who used to work here but quit about two minutes ago.
- Yeah, I’ve made some bad decisions when I was drunk too, but we deal with those decisions and learn from them, right? Hey, let me show you my Jiminy Cricket tattoo that I got when I was 20 years old and drunk in San Diego. Wish I could take that decision back, but I can’t.
- Buh bye.
Seriously, good job to the staff at Thailicious for their honesty and integrity. Stop by their Facebook page and congratulate them.