Denny’s Customer Arrested For Toast Fiasco

tory-justine-schmidt-e1463412877588

She just wants toast…

I’m pretty sure that anyone who rolls into a Denny’s at 2:00 AM has probably already done their fair share of drinking that night. After all, once you’ve sucked down a few Cosmos, some sangria, a Slippery Nipple or two and some Jäger shots, the only way your night is going to get any better is to have a goddamn All-American Slam®. (Warning: it will taste the same coming out as it did going in.)

That’s what 21-year-old Tory Schmidt tried to do this week and it did not go well. After waiting too long for her toast at a Denny’s in Rochester, Minnesota, she began to complain to her server. Not just in your average, everyday “excuse me, but my toast is taking too long” kind of way, but in that way that only happens at Denny’s with a customer who has a gut full of liquor. Of course, the cops were called because it’s Denny’s at two in the morning and if a squad car didn’t show up there one night, people would think it was odd.

When they arrived, Tory was all, “Officers, I demand that you arrest my waitress for not bringing out my toast!” and the cops were all, “Bitch you done broke our breathalyzer machine and it’s still in the car.” She was arrested for disorderly conduct.

So Tory sounds like the worst customer at Denny’s this week, but at least she didn’t show up with this:

13087765_10154098078926684_8052805179941709098_n

14 thoughts on “Denny’s Customer Arrested For Toast Fiasco

1. Nikki McKoy

I work at Denny’s late nights on the weekend and although the tips are very good some of the people are fucking ridiculous. I be wanting to slap a bitch

2. Ana

I was the graveyard server at my neighborhood’s Denny’s, before that I worked days at Ihop, so I’d listen to all the stories and drama the night servers went through. Later working at Denny’s I confirmed how awful that shift can be. Well, it’s the kind of customers the night brings. There shouldn’t be any full service restaurants open during the night, the amount of money made is not worth all the shit servers go through.

3. Jacklyn Lee Davis

Had a customer freak out over toast when I was Manager on Duty–had the poor waitress almost in tears– we served “Texan Toast”. The customer was actually WAVING HER PIECE OF TOAST IN THE AIR and shaking it at the server– shrieking that the toast was too small. TOO SMALL DO YOU HEAR ME! She actually, honest to gravy said” You call this TEXAN TOAST? Its not BIG like Texan toast –its small! You should call it like Vermont Toast of New Jersey toast or one of those other little eastern seaboard states– cause it sure aint TEXAN sized!!!”…….Seriously folks. Its toast. We can fix this.

4. Jimmy C

Some waitstaff NEED a chart like that to get it right! Of course the real issue was how long actually had passed at that point to get the damn toast? Says right there in the article that it was too long. Just bring out the damn toast already!

5. Brandy

I say if you want your damn toast cooked a certain way stay the hell home and cook it your damn self… And second of all its not the servers that toast the toast people… duh! that is what the kitchen staff is for. And if your gonna act like a dumb a$$ in public, stay at the bar, or take your drunk a$$ home. Servers put up with so much during a day and night for a lousy $2 tip no matter what the ticket total is. They shouldnt have to put up with drunk dumb a$$es at 2 in the damn morning…

6. tbsbet

7. gclub

Pochettino was also oddly specific about the physical fitness of his players saying that they weren’t tired. His clubs have a reputation for falling apart at the end of the season, specifically in the last four games, because they have run themselves into the ground to get to where they are at the end of the season.