As you know, International Pity-Bait Day was February 1. We had literally dozens of people participate around the world. The trick to writing a brilliant Pity-Bait post is making it just vague enough to merit attention but not so specific that the reader knows what is happening. After much deliberation, the organizers have narrowed it down to five finalists. We simply could not decide who deserved the most pity, so we need your help. Below, you will find the five Pity-Baiters who we felt deserved to be a winner. However, we have turned that decision over to you. Please comment on your favorite. You have until Monday February 7 at noon to cast your vote and we will announce the Master Pity Baiter on the morning of Tuesday, February 8th.
And the nominees are:
- Cynthia Swenceski: I wish Oprah would respond to my letters…She would know what to do.
- Anne Marie Dailey: I feel so guilty feeding my pets non-organic, but I can’t afford anything else.
- Gretchen H. Webber–Manzella: Carnie Wilson did it and I know that deep, deep, deep, down… I have it in me too…
- Corinne Rogers: And then there are the bed bugs…
- Donna Reed: Why do they feel so lumpy?
Please comment below with your favorite. Just type in the number that you think deserves your pity the most. And nominees, this is your chance to get all of your friends to come and vote for you (and get some traffic to this blog…) The winner will be contacted via a Facebook message and we will ask for your address so we can mail you your prize. We will more than likely only use your address for that purpose. The prize is special. And real.