Blizzard=Garbage

So this post doesn’t have doodly squat to do with waiting tables but it does have to do with bitching and “bitchy” is half my moniker. Maybe some of you heard that over here on the East Coast we get these things called “blizzards” which involve a lot of snow, cold and wind. They can sometimes paralyze a city which is what happened on December 26th of last year. We got 20″ of snow and it was the sixth largest storm to ever hit the city. Or that’s what the guy on the news said anyway. It took a few days for the city to get their act together and plow all the streets. But here it is twelve days since the snowstorm and my neighborhood is piled high with garbage. Seriously, it looks the walk-in at the Houlihan’s I used to work at. Supposedly, the city is too busy cleaning up from the blizzard to get around to removing the trash that has been collecting on sidewalks. If this turns into a rat infestation then it will be like the walk-in at the Pizzeria Uno I used to work at.

I made this video for our esteemed Mayor Mike Bloomberg to see. If you are a New Yorker, I hope you will share this so that eventually he can see it. And then maybe he will become a fan of the Bitchy Waiter and my life will be complete.

25 thoughts on “Blizzard=Garbage

1. K.C.

Loved the video.Frankly, your voice sounded more adorable and not as bitchy as I have always imagined your blog posts being verbally narrated in my head. ;PKC

2. Eden

Rumor has it more snow is headed east. I hope they send out the trucks for you soon, or they'll just have to use them again for plows instead of garbage. BTW – you have a wonderfully pleasant voice – not at all bitchy. 😉

3. carmar76

I saw something on the news the other day that there are lawsuits about the garbage? Oye. There certainly should be something, cuz that's just ridiculous. Great video, BW!

4. The Empress

Well said! If the mayor doesn't get an effing clue after seeing your well constructed, informative and entertaining video, well then he is a major f*ckwit. Perhaps it is time that some concerned citizens start relocating the trash from Queens over to Mr. Mayor's street in Manhattan.Please keep us posted.http://rantersbox.blogspot.com

5. Echoes

Nice video and soundtrack. Your voice narration was on spot. LOL on rats. I worked at a restaurant out on the Island years ago and still can remember the rats running rampant in the basement. I am sure they are feasting along your streets today.

6. 56bdrumr

Great video and message, Bitchy!! Only problem is…politicians seem to be completely incapable of listening to reason!Good luck! I hope someone does forward this to Hizzoner the Mayor.Gotta hold their feet to the compost..err, fire.

7. Amanda

i live in minnesota. 20 inches of snow is nothing! however you do have a great point about the garbage.and i was expecting more of a baritone you have completely changed my mental image of you.

8. sweet laura jane

hahaha oh my. people in BC said we would get a harsh long winter. I hate them. I don't want that. But they wrong we didn't! 😉 Seems NYer's got all the snow.Maybe you should come here next year.

9. Karen S.

OMG the snow is so gone it almost looks like a snow storm never hit…hard to believe they would allow this to happen…so sorry, but hopefully your fantastic true to life story made it to the mayor…and you get it cleaned up quickly…love your video!

10. Karen S.